Posted: 6:24 p.m. Thursday, Sept. 5, 2013
A birthday celebration for One Direction’s Liam Payne turned into a fiery disaster and RumorFix has the first picture of his charred balcony.
The boy band member was hosting a party at his London home when a fire broke out on the balcony of the 34th floor apartment on Monday night.
It turns out a childhood friend tried to refuel an outdoor heater when the place caught fire. Liam rushed out of the kitchen to help his friend, Andy Samuels, and rushed him to the hospital, where he is in stable condition.
On Twitter, Liam described Andy as “the invincible man” and tweeted, “He’s doing really well I’m just so happy he’s gunna be ok no one wants to see there best mate like this.”
Andy’s stepfather, Matthew Baker, told The Mirror, “We are so grateful to Liam because he saved his life. The lantern just exploded as Andy was lighting it and it took the full force of the flames. Liam helped him by beating out the flames and dousing him with water. He acted quickly and swiftly.”
On Thursday, Liam tweeted, “Thanks for all the support at this time it’s been a tough few days and it’s only made me value everything so much more.”